Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Books I

Lately, I've been reading these kinds of books. I don't usually read books but right after my so-called "conversion" I've been reading lots of religious/ spiritual books. Here are some of my collections:

Ah! The book that changed my whole life! I bought the critical version at our Carmelite Monastery (Cebu Carmel). There, I saw  for the first time, a carmelite nun roaming around the monastery just a few meters away from where I am.





 'The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.'~ St. Augustine
 + Complete Spiritual Doctrine - Indeed, a complete Spiritual Doctrine of our little flower. In this book, the author emphasizes St. Therese's' "Little Way" & the path to Spiritual Childhood.

+Imitation of Christ - Inspired by St.Therese's fave book before she entered Carmel. She quoted some sayings from this book in her autobio.



+Friends of God- I carry this book with me always. A collection of St. Escriva's beautiful, soul nourishing homilies. I got to say, this is my second favorite book. He is aslo the founder of Opus Dei.

+ The Springs of Carmel - An introduction...Why am I reading this? Well, a sort of my preparation if ever I'm going to join the Carmelite order...well sort of. I just randomly saw this book at St. Paul's bookstore. In this book, it emphasizes the spirituality of a Carmelite. From the very beginning of the order 'till the spirituality of some known Carmelite saints. Indeed a must read if you have plans of joining the order.


and some other...



No comments:

Post a Comment