Monday, June 6, 2011

You are called!

"I think I'll follow the voice that comes within"~ Pilgrim's Theme
 (Composed by: Fr. Manoling Francisco, SJ


Tired of weaving dreams too loose for me to wear
Tired of watching clouds repeat their dance on air
Tired of getting tied to doing what's required
Is life a mere routine in the greater scheme of things?

Through with taking roads someone else designed
Through with chasing stars that soon forget to shine
Through with going through one more day - what's new?
Does my life still mean a thing in the greater scheme of things?

REFRAIN 1:
I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Each must go his way, but how can I decide?
Which path I should take, who will be my guide?
I need some kind of star to lead me somewhere far
To find a higher dream in the greater scheme of things

The road before me bends, I don't know what I'll find
Will I meet a friend or ghosts I left behind?
Should I even be surprised that You're with me in disguise?
For it's Your hand I have seen in the greater scheme of things (REFRAIN 1)

BRIDGE:
For Yours is the voice in my deepest dreams
You are the heart, the very heart
Of the greater scheme of things (REFRAIN 1)

REFRAIN 2:
Why don't we follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
One day we'll find our place
For all things fall in place
For all things have a place
In the greater scheme of things

--------------------------------------------------------

"I have loved you with an everlasting love
I have called you and you are mine!" 

------------------------------------------------------
PRAYER FOR VOCATIONS

Jesus, Son of God,
in whom the fullness of the Divinity dwells,
You call the baptized to ‘put out into the deep,”
taking the path that leads to holiness.
Waken in the hearts of young people the desire
to be witnesses in the world today
to the power of your love.
Fill them with your Spirit of Fortitude and prudence,
so that they may be able to discover the full truth 
about themselves and their own vocation.

Our Saviour,
sent by the Father to reveal His merciful love, 
give to your Church the gift 
of young people who are ready to put out into the deep,
to be the sign among their brothers 
of Your presence which renews and saves.

Holy Virgin, Mother of the Redeemer,
sure guide on the way towards God
and towards neighbor,
You who pondered his word in the depth of your heart,
sustain with your motherly intercession
our families and ecclesial communities,
so that they may help adolescents and young people 
to answer generously the call of the Lord.
Amen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prayer for Vocations: Pope John Paul II 
Oh Jesus, our Good Shepherd, bless all our parishes with numerous priests, deacons, men and women in religious life, consecrated laity and missionaries, according to the needs of the entire world, which You love and wish to save. We especially entrust our community to You; grant us the spirit of the first Christians, so that we may be a cenacle of prayer, in loving acceptance of the Holy Spirit and His gifts. Assist our pastors and all who live a consecrated life. Guide the steps of those who have responded generously to Your call and are preparing to receive holy orders or to profess the evangelical counsels.

Look with love on so many well disposed young people and call them to follow You. Help them to understand that in You alone can they attain to complete fulfillment. To this end we call on the powerful intercession of Mary, Mother and Model of all vocations. We beseech you to sustain our faith with the certainty that the Father will grant what You have commanded us to ask. Amen

-----------------------------------------------------------


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the LORD. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways above your ways and my thoughts above your thoughts. For just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down And do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, Giving seed to him who sows and bread to him who eats, So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it.”
Isaiah 55:6-11 



No comments:

Post a Comment